So I' jus tgot back from my HSG appointment. Let me tell you. I was sooooo scared and nervous going in becasue of what I've read and what people have told me. And it didn't start out great. I get to the hospital which is split up into 3 buildings. I"m looking around for this place and I can't find it. The X-Ray department is called something diffrent then the hospital so that's what I was looking for. I see the Xray dept and I go into the admitting section and they tell me that I'm not on the appt list.. So now I'm stumped and freaking out because i'm missing my appt. So I call and they tell me that I am in the right section and to go back in and if they can't find me this time to have them call the Xray waiting room. This time I'm amazingly enough on the list. crazy! I guess the other lady was on crack. Cut to the actual procedure.
The radiologist is being shadowed by a student so I had someone else staring at my hairy cooter and legs. Oh that's right I forgot to shave. Oh well! SHe explains everything to me shows me what they are going to use and what's going to happen. She was very nice, funny and informative. I told her I was nervous because I'd heard tons of bad things. She promised me it wouldn't be that bad and it would just feel like cramps. Ok i can do this!!
The dr came in, explained everything again and we started. The speculum was a little uncomfortable but it wasn't too bad. then the catheter went in.. ok a little more uncomfortableness. then he blows the balloon thingy up and there's crampy feeling, then the dye goes in. So then the cramps got bad. Now I'm lucky enough to not get cramps during my period. so I'm pretty sure these were just normal cramps. It felt like poo cramps actually. A couple deep breaths and they were gone. I watched the dye go through on the screen, which was pretty cool and then he pulled the thing out. HOLY MOLY!!!! that friggin hurt. I screamed. The dr apologized and made sure i was ok.
I told the girls in the room that was the worst part.. And it was. So now, i'm just crampy and tired. But all is well. I'll survive.
Good news is that everything was perfect and there was no blockage. I start my Clomid tomorrow. SO hopefully all goes well with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment